How to Protect Your Home from Negative Energy
Negative energies are something many people try to avoid, especially within the home, which is a resting place that should always have a tranquil environment, free of bad vibes. However, negative energies should also be kept away from our places of work or study, since their presence could affect our day to day and keep things from going our way. Luckily, there are many ways to confront negative energies and keep them from affecting our inner emotional balance.
What are negative energies?
They are energies that interfere with emotional, spiritual, physical or mental wellbeing, keeping us from finding tranquility. They also generate certain sensations such as anxiety, anguish, depression or even lack of concentration.
How do we protect ourselves from negative energies?
Confronting negative energies head on is the best way of keeping them from taking over our lives and especially our emotions. There are many ways to avoid or protect yourself from all of the bad vibes that appear in your day to day, in order to take on life with the best possible attitude and keep stressful moments at bay. Up next we will share some recommendations:
- Manage fears: Sometimes, negative energies are created by fears, insecurities or negative thoughts, among others, that we can only control by admitting and facing them. It is very important that you identify the origin of these fears and try to face them in order to feel free and secure.
- Stay positive: Staying positive is the best way to keep away bad vibes and maintain your emotional health. Learning to keep perspective in the bad times and trying to see the good side of things can be the key to getting over difficult situations and avoiding negative energies.
- Carry a clove of garlic: This ingredient is considered an amulet that repels bad energies and jealousy, among other negative things. It is recommended that you carry a clove of garlic wrapped up in a handkerchief or piece of cloth within your purse or wallet.
- Keep thyme essential oil close by: An esoteric practice consist in applying a drop of this oil behind your ears or on your wrists in order to keep bad vibes away.
- Carry a branch of rue: It is said that a branch of rue has the ability to keep away all kinds of negative energies, be it from a bad situation or directly caused by a person. The ideal thing would be to always keep some branches of this plant on your person or place some rue leaves around your work space.
How can I get rid of bad vibes within by home?
When there are disagreements or bad feelings between romantic partners, with your children or between siblings, it’s very likely that your house will be full of negative energy. This makes it an unhealthy place for your family. Therefore, the best thing to do is to make a change and get rid of everything that can generate bad vibes.
- Get rid of all unnecessary things: Having too many things can at times affect your home’s energy. The best thing to do is to keep your environment clean and organized.
- Open your windows and doors: Letting the air flow through your house is a good alternative in order to “cleanse your home.” The same applies for letting in a bit of sunlight.
- Incense: Since ancient times, people have used incense as an ingredient to renovate the air within their homes and get rid of bad energies.
- Water and salt: The mixture of these two ingredients is ideal in order to cleanse the spaces within your home and change a negative environment.
- Aromatherapy: The use of essential oils or incense in different areas in the home can help your whole family relax and create a more pleasant environment.
- Having plants within your house: Besides helping you have cleaner, calmer air, plants help you keep negativity away and attract good energies into your home.
- Cleaning your home frequently: The accumulation of dust, filth or trash, among other impurities, can create a heavy environment, which can be reflected in the emotions of the family. It is very important to frequently clean up all of the areas in the home and try to renew the spaces in order to give the house a different air or vibe.
- Dialogue: Lastly, it’s very important to learn to gather as a family and converse calmly about the things you disagree on, or to offer up suggestions for a better living. Sharing as a family, expressing your feelings and maintaining strong bonds are some of the best ways to keep negativity out of your home.