Don't Let the Beautiful People Escape
The people who make your world beautiful are the ones who will always be there. That is, the ones who comfort you, make you smile, soothe you, and keep you strong. Your relationship with them is solid, consistent, and loyal.
Beautiful people are sincere. They’re the ones who squeeze your hands, and when they look you in the eyes, they reach your heart. Their mere presence makes you happy, because they respect you, because they don’t judge, and because they always come through for you. That’s why they’re the people who make your world beautiful.
Be careful and don’t lose them, don’t let them leave, and don’t remove them from your life. Don’t make the mistake of abandoning them when something is troubling you or when they need you. Stay, forgive, and forget.
I love you
There are people who we just love. Not for any particular reason, but just because they offer us trust and serenity. They’re the relationships that are developed in the little details, sincere and true. The ones that can be nurtured with knowing looks and little gestures, because each detail is a great work of art.
These feelings tend to be reciprocal, and there are certain unwritten rules that each person follows. However, we often forget that “I love you” needs to be said and that gratitude is the best food for the soul.
“You finally realize that the little things are the most important. The conversations at three in the morning, the spontaneous smiles, the disastrous photos that make you laugh out loud, the ten-word poems that make you shed a tear. The books that nobody else knows and that become your favorites, a flower that you put in your hair, a cup of coffee that you drink alone…These are the things that are truly worthwhile; the tiny things that produce huge emotions.”
Between Letters and Caffeine
So we often neglect something as important and vital as demonstrating our affection and paying attention to the emotional needs of our partners in the dance of life.
What is neglected is lost
They say that love lasts as long as we care for it. So, while we are human and sometimes make mistakes that can lead to misunderstandings in our relationships, we still can’t let ourselves let valuable people escape.
Sadly, it’s common to ignore the people that are important to us out of sheer laziness, lack of time, or a certain disinterest stained by selfishness. We tend to make the mistake of not dedicating enough time to demonstrating to these people how important they actually are.
So, it’s also likely that at some point we’ve felt that someone has left us aside and we’ve gone crazy trying to understand what happened. This kind of suffering is unnecessary, and there is a lot we can do to avoid it. Here are some examples:
- It’s usually enough to say a few words that make them understand that your absence or distance never means you’ve forgetten about them, and that despite the “temporary abandonment,” you’re always there for them.
- Even so, showing someone that we care about them takes time. Special care needs to be taken to make sure that the relationship is healthy and free of dependency and excessive emotions.
- Every brick should be laid with the utmost sincerity; this means without selfishness or ulterior motives. We have to keep in mind that we shouldn’t create needs, not even the need for company.
- This is achieved through communication and the sincere expression of both our thoughts and our feelings. As is natural, we should do so in a way that suggests that we’re simply saying how we feel, not that we think they are responsible for how bad or good we feel. If you feel uncomfortable about something, raise the issue without blaming them and understand that you are both involved in the problem. This will help ensure that the relationship does not become unnecessarily cold and that it’s based on trust and honesty.
- Relationships need time and experience to develop, sustain, and grow. If we stop dedicating time to them, that will show a lack of interest, and as a consequence, we’ll push away those essential people.
We can’t let the people who make our world beautiful escape. With them, we’re able to be our complete selves, in all of our essence and with total freedom, which is both magnificent and rare. So take care of and enrich your relationships, and do it always with the utmost sincerity.
Images courtesy of Claudia Tremblay and Mariana Kalacheva