12 Things To Be Grateful For Every Day
Lately, perhaps for lack of rest or because of my routine I feel that I find it harder than usual to see the positive side of things and motivate myself. You will agree with me when I say that sometimes there are days where everything is just completely black and it’s not nice. It makes you feel like locking yourself up in your room.
Thinking about it I realized that it’s been a while since I’ve thanked myself, and life for all the little things that I have and have always had. Those things that make my heart shine and be full of love for that which surrounds me.
Things that happen from time to time such as following your dreams, loving the person who loves you, remembering unique moments of your life or when something or someone helps you learn tremendously.
I forgot that all these situations make me happy. But sometimes negativity prevents me from feeling them and admiring them clearly.
Therefore, to remember each one, I decided to create this list that I’d love to share with you. Twelve things you should be thankful every day, so simple, yet they often allow you feel good about yourself.
12 things we should be grateful for every day
“Fortunate is the one whom heaven has given a piece of bread, without his having to thank anyone else but heaven itself!”
-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra-
- Having our personal space. When you have your own home, where you can be comfortable and do what makes you feel best in privacy. In life, feeling we have our personal space allows us to free our minds and generate that place of peace and tranquility.
- Overcoming our fears. Improving as a person makes you stronger, it motivates you and makes you shine. Celebrating our achievements when we overcome what we fear or what stops us is important and is something that we overlook on many occasions.
- Apologies. Give thanks for those who sincerely love us from the heart, enough to admit when they’ve hurt us. Those who are able to recognize their mistakes and make amends are truly special.
- Unexpected surprises. At this point I would like to clarify that I speak not only of material goods. I speak of emotional gestures. Actions that when shown unconditionally fill our hearts.
- Finding a person full of enthusiasm and desire to live their life with you. In a world where we are taught to prioritize over material things, finding and meeting inwardly rich people is a gift of life in the making. Learning with them is even more so.
- Being able to enjoy the moment and having fun learning from your mistakes. I was once told, “Run, scream, enjoy, dance and laugh while you can. Don’t take life so seriously. At the end of the day none of us will outlive it. “
- Being able to enjoy art. One of the most fascinating gifts of life is our art. It does not matter which discipline. Absolutely all of it was created to connect with the essence of our existence. It allows us to feel alive and perceive the magic that we so often overlook.
- Having a perfectly wise body. Have you ever thought how wise our anatomy and limbs are? It probably sounds strange but when I think of the science that our body employs to do things, such as digestion, I gave thanks.
- Having enough to feed yourself and your family. You know that many people have the same positive circumstance as you do or vice versa. Giving thanks for what you have earned your efforts also motivates and fills you with gratitude.
- Learning some valuable advice and feeling that your life has changed forever. I love to listen to people and learn from them. Without each other our lives would be meaningless. With it comes everything else, remember that.
- The love of your pet or animal. I don’t know about you but there has never been a living being that has given me so much love without asking anything in return like my puppy. It has to eat, yes, but let’s face it, the love of an animal is one of the purest and most wonderful feelings you can feel.
- Feeling love. At this point, it encompasses everything. Love is everything. No matter the type of relationship or situation. I have nothing to add in this respect, you know very well what I’m referring to.
“Thanks to the men and women who make us happy, they are the enchanting gardeners who make our souls flourish.”