Surprise Your Partner and You'll Both Have Fun
Relationships have to be worked on every day because every moment is important. Therefore, surprising your partner from time to time and spending quality time together is always a good idea. In fact, surprises provide a touch of affection and a lot of meaning.
They also remove routine, fatigue, and monotony from your day-to-day life as a couple. Indeed, these gestures, however small, show your partner that you love them and are still interested in them.
Here are some tips and practical ideas to give your partner a surprise. For some of them, you don’t even need to spend much time or money.
How to surprise your partner
There are several elements of your life together, as a couple. In all of these areas (the house, vacations, sex, dates, leisure, etc), you can find some ideas to surprise them. Here are some original ideas.
1. Surprise your partner with special dates
If you’ve been together for several years, you might find you’ve run out of gift ideas. However, material gifts aren’t always necessary. Take a look at these ideas:
- Bring them breakfast in bed.
- Organize a romantic lunch/dinner.
- Arrange an outing to a special place for both of you.
- If you like art, create something for them, like a poem, a painting, a song, a craft, etc.
- Reserve tickets for an event you’d both enjoy.
- Book a night in a romantic hotel.
- Give them a memory box in which you can put small objects so they can look at them for years to come.
- Organize an activity, such as an escape room, paintballing, a movie, or any other activity that you both enjoy.
- Organize a surprise party or a meeting with your closest relatives.
- Book an afternoon spa.
2. Surprise your partner during sex
Sex is another pillar of a relationship that tends to become monotonous. To surprise your partner sexually, you’ll need to be sure about their tastes and how open-minded they are, but it’s possible to achieve some really exciting results. Here are some ideas:
- Sex toys. If you’re fond of these gadgets, you’ll find an almost infinite variety of them in sex shops. Assistants in these shops will also be able to advise you on how to use them and which would be best for you.
- Role-playing. Setting up a surprise scene where you both play a role is a fun way of surprising your partner. Think of a theme that they like and surprise them when they get home.
- Use erotic lingerie. There are some really suggestive designs on the market for all body types.
- Dye your pubic hair. While it might not sound like much of a surprise, some people find it curious and fun to do. If you decide to do so, make sure you use dyes suitable for that body area.
- Help your partner fulfill a sexual fantasy. Everyone has some kind of fantasy, and many are more feasible than you might think.
- Wear edible underwear. Another popular classic. There are all kinds, from candy strips to fabric that dissolves in contact with saliva.
In reality, when it comes to sex, the possibilities are endless. Swapping partners, new postures, genital piercings, and many more. They tend to be dependent on the type of relationship you have and your individual tastes.
3. Leisure time activities
When it comes to going out and doing activities, it doesn’t matter if your tastes are different. There are so many leisure activities on offer these days that you’re bound to find something you’d both enjoy. Here are some ideas:
- Escape rooms.
- A board game session.
- Courses. A course that you can do together is a good option. There are all kinds of them, such as diving, painting, martial arts, crafts, cookery, and more.
- A surprise trip.
- Tickets for sporting events.
- Multiplayer video games.
- Tourist routes through the city.
4. How to surprise your partner on a daily basis
Surprises don’t always have to involve a special event. In fact, it’s the little details of everyday life that keep your relationship alive and create positive dynamics. Indeed, there are many things you can do for your partner to surprise them:
- Do all the housework ahead of time and take advantage of your free time to do something together.
- Remind your partner of the things you like about them.
- Give them a relaxing massage.
- Cook something you both really like.
- Pick them up from work and take them somewhere nice.
- Send them a postcard or a letter with a nice message.
- Hide notes around the house for them to find.
- Organize an activity that you both like and haven’t done for a while.
- Ask them to choose something they’d like to do and do it together.
- Record a video for them with a meaningful message.
Your plans as a couple can always be varied and enjoyable and you can make sure you organize them in such a way that surprises them You might even come up with something that’s not on our lists. Anyway, whatever surprise you choose, make sure you also give your partner a good time every day.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- PERALTA, E. M. L. TéCNICAS ERÓTICAS APLICADAS A LA MONOTONÍA SEXUAL EN LA PAREJA ESTABLE.
- Moyano, N., & Sierra, J. C. (2014). Fantasías y pensamientos sexuales: Revisión conceptual y relación con la salud sexual. Revista puertorriqueña de psicología, 25(2), 376-393.
- Melero Cavero, R. (2008). La relación de pareja. Apego, dinámicas de interacción y actitudes amorosas: consecuencias sobre la calidad de la relación.