5 Steps to Mindfulness that Will Change Your Life in 15 Days
Great changes come from small shocks, small daily changes that have the power to change our lives for the better. Mindfulness can help us with this, and these five steps will help us to learn to be more conscious of the present moment and to make way for real changes within a short period of time.
It’s clear that when it comes to happiness, there are no miracles. But there IS willpower and keeping an open mind so that day by day, little by little, we will be more perceptive of everything that goes on around us. To see the opportunities, To walk through that the door when they open.
One of biggest things that keeps us from opportunities is, without a doubt, having a wandering mind. In fact according to many studies, we spend between 30 and 40% of our time on “auto pilot”.
We live our lives stuck in a rut, passengers not drivers, allowing destiny to decide our happiness for us.
It’s not good enough. Make a change! We invite you to include these five steps into your life and see results in just 15 days.
1. Be receptive to your emotions: the best time to pay attention to them is NOW
Mindfulness, more than anything, is a life philosophy, a tool to develop full consciousness in the present.
- None of this would make sense if we did not pay attention to our emotions. We cannot move emotions like disappointment, anger, and irritation into a separate compartment of our brain.
- We must manage and attend to these emotions, take control of that inner world and not put it off.
2. Mindfulness teaches you to stop judging
Learn to live your life without judging. People have the right to live their lives as they like.
- Your life is your own, be responsible for it and don’t pass judgement about lives that you’re not living. Something as simple as this can help you reach a state of peace and balance starting even today.
3. Be receptive, listen, and learn to be present
Do it! Turn off the incessant noise of your thoughts right now.
- Right now, open your eyes, but do not just look. Instead, “see” with greater peace everything that surrounds you.
- Slow the pace of your life, stop and breathe.
- Now, learn to listen. You have been “hearing” sounds for a long time, but now is the time to feel, to see, and to listen from your heart, from your mind’s center.
Likewise, another exceptional tool for learning to be more present is better time management. If you want to have a fuller life, it’s necessary that you learn to use adequate mental filters and concentrate all of your energy and resources towards living the life you want.
4. Put aside “I NEED TO BE” in order to practice “I AM”
We go through most of our lives being what others want us to be. We force ourselves to fit in, to be what others want… All of that is a source of unnecessary suffering, slowly taking us towards unhappiness.
- Make changes. Substitute “I need to be” for “I am”.
- Meditation can be very useful to remind us who we are and connect with our true selves in the present.
One essential tool for mindfulness is meditation, and courses like “Mindfulness for daily life” by Félix Torán can also help with you get there.
5. Practice acceptance
Practicing acceptance in our daily lives does not at all mean giving in to everything that happens around us.
- It means, first of all, accepting ourselves and the emotions we feel.
- Acceptance also allows us to understand other people’s lives and respect them.
- Likewise, acceptance is the language of the heart. It is tolerance and understanding. Only by doing this will we be capable of making changes.
In conclusion, you can see these 5 steps like lenses that you look through to see the world.
Mindfulness is the best framework to move us closer to a fuller and more authentic happiness. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of the tools of mindfulness and allow experts in the field to guide you.It might interest you...