Ten Steps to Feel Happier Today
In order to achieve what we want and live a happier life, there are two fundamental principles we must put into practice: determination and responsibility.
There is an infinite amount of reasons to begin a new day happily, and also to end it happily. Everyone deserves to feel this way. Today we’ll share ten steps to help you get up in the morning and go to bed at night feeling satisfied with yourself.
Start putting these steps into practice, adjusting and adapting them to your way of life and way of being. We are all unique, so make your days and your routine special, and love yourself at the same time. When you do this, you will be taking a huge step towards the happiness you are seeking.
What are the 10 steps to being happier?
1. When you get up in the morning, give your day a purpose. The secret to sustaining motivation lies in achieving simple objectives that don’t require a great amount of effort. By doing this, little by little our purposes will grow.
This process allows us to feel accomplished when we consistently achieve our objectives. Furthermore, it motivates us to continue advancing and completing each essential step towards reaching each and every one of our dreams.
2. Feel grateful for every day that you live. Gratitude forms part of the base from which love grows. If you feel love for your own life, and the life you share with those around you, you will be creating a halo of positivity that allows you to feel blessed and happy throughout the day.
It is very important to feel gratitude for that which you have, and to not wait until you lose it before you realize how fortunate you are. Remember that there are many people that, for so many reasons, do not enjoy the same lifestyle you do. We all must learn to be grateful.
3. Make a list of the things you love. A good exercise to start every day is to mentally compile a list of the things that you love about yourself: things that make you happy, your personal achievements, your relationships…anything that makes you happy and brightens your day by simply thinking about it.
I encourage you to take this step. It may seem silly, but if you concentrate and you are aware of these things for just a few minutes, you will realize the endless list of positive things you have around you, especially the ones of which you may not even be fully aware.
4. Listen to your favorite songs. Music is one of the best tools to fill us with positivity. Put on some of your favorite music while eating breakfast, or right before you go to bed. Use this listening time as a time for meditation. Right before sleeping, it definitely helps as a way to disconnect the mind after a busy day.
Music stimulates the brain to think positively in whatever activity or exercise being carried out.
5. Engage in a comforting and restful activity or extend a thoughtful gesture to someone throughout the day. It does not need to take a lot of effort. A simple “good morning” or “how are you” said in a positive and cheerful way, can make anyone’s day a little brighter.
And do you know what the best part is? The happy face of the person who receives those kind words. Just that small and simple moment can make your morning, afternoon, and night happier. Trust me.
6. Meditate for five minutes after waking up in the morning. This will allow you to let go of your problems and worries, imagining and projecting how you want to be in this new day. Doing this will help you feel more peaceful.
Meditating before going to sleep also facilitates an easier transition to sleep and better quality of rest.
7. Remember all the positive things you have done and felt throughout the day before going to bed at night. This is a good exercise to improve your quality of sleep and, in turn, the quality of your next day.
Good moments and encounters with people close to you can also help you to sleep restfully.
8. Make friends with exercise. We all already know that sports and exercise are classic examples of something we need to do if we want to fully and healthily enjoy our daily routine. This activity allows the release of endorphins, which helps us feel happier and in a better mood.
Playing sports and exercising a little each day or simply taking a peaceful walk can also help you to rest better and release pent up energy.
9. Give yourself time at the beginning and end of each day. It is true that being calm when going through your daily routine is important if you want to avoid running the risk of feeling unnecessary stress and anxiety.
Try to give yourself just a few extra minutes when you wake up. Going through your morning routine while hurried and stressed will put you in a bad mood, which will probably stay with you for the rest of your day. Doing things in a relaxed way will allow you to enjoy your personal activities more and relish moments of peace that are necessary for physical and mental health.
10. Stretch your body when you wake up. This helps to relax the muscles, generating a feeling of pleasure and calmness even before you put your feet on the floor and start your day.
Focus on these simple steps. If they become part of your daily routine, they will definitely help increase your daily happiness, allowing you to feel more peaceful and free. It is important to be consistent and adapt each step to our individuality. After a few days, you will see the changes that make your life better.