Menopause: A Natural Phase in Every Woman's Life
There comes a time in every woman’s life in which maturity comes knocking. And menopause is the hand which turns the knob and lets it in. Thus, we’re talking about a very important physiological moment with such transcendence that it tends to incite the reflection and organization of other areas of life.
At first, our bodies start to experience changes that we may not understand, or may even hate. But, with acceptance and a positive attitude, menopause can become a symbol of wisdom that can help us guide those who need our experience.
Symptoms of menopause
We all know some of the symptoms of menopause. The symptoms, especially in the first stages, tend to generate certain resistance. Because in a way they are a sign that we are getting, inevitably, older. This initial symptomatology brings to the front of our mind something that is happening all of the time: time is passing.
Some of the symptoms are as follows:
- Irregular menstrual cycles, especially in the stage of pre-menopause.
- Dizziness, sweating and palpitations caused by sensations of sudden heat and anxiety.
- Vaginal dryness that can generate pain during sex.
- Emotional changes, which can end up being a symptom of depression if it isn’t treated in time.
- Changes in metabolism, which usually results in an increase in body fat. In this sense, you have to keep in mind the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Osteoporosis, that is to say, the loss of the amount of bone we posses due to its decalcification.
“Maturing means accepting the impossible.”