Make These Changes for a Happier Life
By knowing what we want and striving for it, being consistent and persistent, we will open more possibilities. It’s a matter of wanting something and going for it, leaving aside the complaints and excuses. Likewise, we must leave certain habits and attitudes behind.
“Start living now. Stop saving the fine china for a special occasion. Stop saving your love until the right person appears in your life. Every day you live is a special occasion”
– Mary Manin Morrisse –
Things to start doing
- Spend time with people who deserve it.
- Face your problems.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Be yourself and feel proud of yourself.
- Live and enjoy the present.
- Make your own happiness a priority.
- Value your mistakes and learn from them.
- Look at the bright side of difficult situations.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Forgive others and forgive yourself.
- Enjoy what you have, even if it is (or seems) little.
- Give your dreams and ideas a chance.
- Give new people in your life a chance.
- Accept the things and people that aren’t perfect.
- Focus on your goals, and works towards them everyday.
- Associate yourself with others seeking real motives and the right reasons.
- Actively nurture important relationships.
- Compete against the previous version of yourself.
- Encourage the victories of others.
- Help those around you.
- Listen to your body and pay attention to your stress levels. Rest when you need it.
- Discover the beauty of small details.
- Be responsible for your own life.
- Concentrate on what you can control and on the possibility of achieving positive results.
“People with high self-esteem do not need to feel superior to others, they need not compare themselves with others. Their joy lies in who they are and not by trying to be better than the rest”
Things to stop doing
- Stop spending time with the wrong people.
- Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons.
- Stop rejecting new relationships only because the previous ones didn’t work.
- Stop running away from your problems and face them.
- Stop putting your own needs last.
- Stop clinging to the past.
- Stop holding grudges.
- Stop berating yourself for past mistakes.
- Stop lying to yourself.
- Stop being inactive.
- Stop whining and feeling sorry for yourself.
- Stop blaming others for your problems.
- Stop trying to buy happiness.
- Stop focusing only on the happiness of others.
- Stop thinking you’re not ready yet.
- Stop trying to compete against everyone.
- Stop being jealous of others.
- Stop allowing others to pull you down.
- Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others.
- Stop trying to please everyone.
- Stop trying to make things perfect.
- Stop always choosing to always take the easy way out.
- Stop acting as if everything is fine when it’s not.
- Stop worrying about everything, absolutely everything.
- Stop focusing only on what you don’t want to happen.
“Nobody can go back and start something new, but anyone can start today and create a new future”