Letting Your Light Shine Bright
There are many opportunities to shine bright in life. More often than not, life is a mix of pleasant experiences and many obstacles and struggles that may put you to the test. In order to shine, you must go through dark times.
Most of our goals (especially when they’re ambitious) are surrounded by obstacles that hinder our progress. In this regard, many times we must make up our minds and decide what we want to pay attention to. It’s all about finding a balance. Hence, it’s not just about overcoming obstacles but doing it in a clever way.
Now, there are times when you’re the one who puts roadblocks in your path. When you put other people’s needs or wishes before your own, you’re practically setting yourself up for failure. That’s when your light sizzles and you stop shining.
Shining Is Up to You
You must make yourself the priority if you truly want to shine bright. In order to be the best version of yourself, it’s important to learn your value beforehand. Look at it this way. You’re a diver who’s exploring the bottom of the sea. Although you see how beautiful and incredible it is, you’re also aware of how dangerous it can be. Likewise, knowing yourself in depth can be difficult and frightening. However, you have to do it in order to really know how much you’re capable of giving (to yourself and others).
That being said, the main key to shining bright is self-knowledge. It’s about getting to know yourself so you can focus on your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Being able to reflect on them in order to become a better person is essential. You need to discover your strengths and weaknesses and work on them or learn to accept them. More importantly, you need to use that information for your benefit when dealing with problems.
You’ll Shine When You Realize Your Worth
We oftentimes focus so much on what goes on around us that we forget about the most important person in the room: ourselves. Somehow, we convince ourselves that it’s vital to make others happy. Then, all of a sudden, we realize we’ve neglected our wishes and feelings. This happens when we don’t give ourselves the value we deserve. Unintentionally, we let others block our light.
Without a doubt, there are times when others may make you feel bad about yourself. Nonetheless, it’s your responsibility to set boundaries so that this doesn’t happen (at least not often). An indirect consequence of setting boundaries is the realization of your self-worth. Everyone will start seeing your worth, including you. Remember that we portray on the outside what we feel on the inside.
If You Want to Shine Bright, Don’t Sabotage Yourself
As we mentioned above, we’re oftentimes victims of self-sabotage. Unintentionally, and in the blink of an eye, we do things that could ruin our plans. Up next, we’ll be showing you some ways to fight self-sabotage:
- Fall once, get up twice. No matter how many times you fail, you still have resources to keep trying. The secret to success lies in perseverance.
- Trust yourself. Give yourself the opportunity to reach your goals. Don’t be afraid to give everything you got!
- Set priorities. Prioritize your goals according to their importance, the moment in which you’d like to reach them, and the number of steps you have to take to get there.
Avoiding self-sabotage can be very difficult. In fact, one could think it’s an art in and of itself. However, once you learn to stop doing it, it’ll be easier for you to shine bright. Eventually, you’ll be able to develop your abilities as much as you can.
Shining is all about taking advantage of the best things life has to offer. Letting your light shine bright will:
- Boost your self-esteem.
- Allow you to have more confidence in yourself.
- Make it easier for you to reach your goals.
- Help you learn to resolve conflicts assertively.
- Allow you to improve your skills.
- Lead to greater self-control.
- Make it easier for you to set boundaries.
- Allow you to learn from your mistakes.
- Allow you to get to know yourself better.
- Lead to increased motivation and self-confidence.
- Lead to improved quality of life.
- Make it easier for you to build healthy relationships with others.
Letting your light shine bright is all up to you. However, this isn’t something that will happen overnight. It requires effort, motivation, and self-knowledge. Not to mention that you’ll probably meet people along the way who’ll try to belittle your ability to shine, which is when knowing your self-worth will come into play. Don’t be afraid to be bold!It might interest you...