27 Phrases to Remember During Hard Times
Sometimes it seems like life has no mercy. It just does not stop beating us down, and we lose the strength to go on. It feels useless to try to do things right, because everything goes wrong anyway.
It is in these moments when we, logically, falter. We’re trying hard not to sink, but the intense waves take us deep down into the sea and we swallow water, lots and lots of water.
There’s no doubt that it is tremendously difficult to stay strong through hard times, but if you have a good sturdy ship, you can get through it, even though the seas are rough.
There are times when outside support, whether professional or personal, is essential for conserving our emotional health despite the hardships of everyday life. However, no one can help us if we do not help ourselves from a place no one else can reach: our thoughts.
For this reason, today we compiled a list of 27 phrases to remember in the bad times so you can regain the will to keep sailing until the storm subsides:
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. I’ve been trusted to make the game winning shot and missed 26 times. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- The joy of life is to always have something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.
- “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” – Jonathan Swift
- “Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and the lesson after.” –Unknown author
- If today isn’t smiling at you, you smile at it.
- “You’re gonna be happy,” said life.“But first I’ll make you strong.”
- “Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “Don’t give up, you still have time to reach up and start anew, accept your shadows, bury your fears, free your burdens, fly again.” – Mario Benedetti
- “Don’t give up, that’s what life is, continue the journey, follow your dreams, unstuck time, move the rubble, and uncover the sky.” – Mario Benedetti
- “Don’t give up, please don’t give way, even if the cold burns, even if fear bites, even if the sun sets and the wind goes silent. There is still fire in your soul, there is still life in your dreams.” – Mario Benedetti.
- “Because there are no wounds that time can’t cure. So open the doors, take away the locks, abandon the walls that have protected you, live life and accept the challenge.” – Mario Benedetti.
- Losing a battle doesn’t mean you’ve lost the war. Every day is a battle, our goals are a victory.
- Let’s take the train that will take us to happiness.
- Happiness is within yourself; if you find it, you’ll make many others happy.
- Happiness is a temporary state of insanity. Happiness is something born from the heart, you can’t buy it.
- The true losers in life, are not those who try and tail, but those who tail to try
- “It’s not your circumstances that shape you, it’s how you react to your circumstances.” – Anne Ortlund
- “We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” – Unknown author
- “The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.” – Josh Billings
- “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
- “Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” – John Updike
- “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bill Keane
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius