Need Motivation? 25 Phrases to Inspire You
We all have days when we need a heavy dose, or maybe just a pinch, of motivation. Days when the path towards our dreams and goals is too heavy and weighs us down.
When you feel like you can’t find the motivation or inspiration to achieve your goals, these 25 phrases can help you find the strength to persevere in your daily life.
25 of the best motivational phrases
- “You weren’t born to live like brutes; but to pursue knowledge and intelligent virtue.” -Dante Alighieri
- Learn like you’re going to live forever, and live like you’re going to die tomorrow.
- “The wise seek wisdom, but fools think they have found it.” -Napoleón Bonaparte
- “Learning is acquired by reading books, but the much more necessary learning, the knowledge of the world, is only to be acquired by reading men, and studying all the various facets of them.” -Lord Chesterfield
- With effort and perseverance you can achieve your goals.
- “Never regard your study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal job and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.” -Albert Einstein
- “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “From my teachers I’ve learned a lot; from my colleagues, more; from my students, even more still.” -Hindu proverb
9. “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” -Groucho Marx
10. “Learning is like rowing against the current. You go backwards, as soon as you stop.” -Edward Benjamin Britten
11. “I find television to be very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go to another room and read a book.” -Groucho Marx
12. “They told me and I forgot; I saw it and I understood; I did it and I learned.” -Confucius
13. “Intelligence consists not only of knowledge, but also the skill of putting knowledge into practice.” -Aristotle
14. “Learning without reflection is a waste. Reflection without learning is dangerous.” -Confucius
15. “What you acquire through hard work, you love more.” -Aristotle
16. “I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” -Albert Einstein
17. There’s the same difference between a wise man and an ignorant man as there is between a live man and a dead man.
18. “Learning is simply an extension of ourselves; wherever we are, there too is our learning.” -William Shakespeare
19. Wisdom is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
20. “Every man I know is better than me in some way. In that way, I learn from him.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. A true disciple is one who surpasses the teacher.
22. “It is the height of madness to learn what you will later have to unlearn.” -Erasmus of Rotterdam
23. Acquiring habits from childhood is not unimportant; it has absolute importance.
24. “If you want to learn, teach.” -Cicero
25. “What little I’ve learned is worthless compared to what I do not know and do not despair to learn.” -René Descartes
And I’ll leave you with this fabulous and passionate video by Will Smith and Randy Pausch, where they invite us to reflect on the importance of living every day of our lives with passion and motivation: