When it comes to your mood, which plays into your health, emotions aren’t the only factor. The people you interact with are important too, because without even realizing it you always take energy from the people around you.
Experts like John Mattone say that it’s important to choose well when it comes to your intimate environment. You have to surround yourself with people who lift you up and help you grow.
Healing people line up perfectly with that idea. They’re the kinds of people who give off positive energy and help you get through your the adventure of life. So now you have to ask yourself: what actions, events, and people give you positive energy?
If attitudes are contagious, is yours worth being infected with?Share
The people around you play a part in your mental health
Do you feel better when you’re with your friends? If so, that happens because good friendships improve your quality of life and mental health. Researchers from Brigham Young University studied it with 300,0000 people over 7 years.
They said that relationships are like a protective barrier because they activate your immune system and lower your risk of getting sick, whether physically or psychologically.
People with a large circle of friends have a 22% lower risk of dying. This statistic comes from a study done over a decade with more than 500,000 people and published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.
In another study from the University of California, the results were even clearer. They did it in 2006 with over 3,000 women with breast cancer. They showed that women who didn’t have close friends were four times more likely to die from their disease than the women who had ten or more friends. In other words, having friends, specifically good friends, changes the way your brain works, especially its reward centers.
What are healing people? All they are is love.Share
7 characteristics of healing people
Healing people have these characteristics. They…
- listen and don’t judge. They never try to manipulate you, and they see people the way they are without wanting to change them. Healing people also respect your story.
- are consistent in what they do, think, feel, and say. They’re committed people who act with integrity.
- want to get to know you, but not in a nosy way. They’ll respect your space and your time, because they’re thoughtful.
- are always attentive and friendly.
- are positive people. Healing people look at life from a perspective of goodness. Being around them is a gift.
- create a safe shelter. No one can keep tough times from coming into your life, but if you have a healthy environment, you’ll be in a better place to deal with them.
- infect you with healthy emotions. The emotional contagion effect is extremely important. When you’re around a pessimist day after day, you might start to find yourself becoming negative. On the other hand, when you’re around optimists, you’ll be happier and healthier thanks to the mirror neurons we mentioned.