Appreciating When People Show Love to You
There are so many ways to express love in words. The kind of words that give us goosebumps and touch our soul. People show us love all the time and their loving acts and words often go unnoticed, but they make us feel better.
Sharing an understanding look, taking our hand, or just sitting with us in silence for a few minutes. These little things aren’t splashy, but they mean so much they can truly mend us from the inside out.
“Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you. ”
The art of giving love
Give love, no more no less. Do it because you feel it, because your body asks you for it, and because there’s no more beautiful way to connect with someone. A lot of people practice this wonderful art, but not everyone knows how to appreciate it.
Those who know how to give love don’t expect anything in return. Their only objective is to give affection. They are artisans of happiness, peace, and good relationships. Magical people who transform a normal day into something extraordinary.
Their secret weapon is the love they show, straight from their big hearts. They offer their shoulder to anyone who needs to lean on it. They hold up those who stumble and listen to everyone who feels that their world is crumbling down around them.
People who know how to give love express their feelings towards others. They know how to connect and silently read the emotions of others. They are true wizards of happiness, warmth, and affection.
“We must notice the details. They fill our life with little pebbles that guide our way”.
Feeling loved without forgetting what’s important
Feeling loved is one of the most beautiful feelings we can experience. Knowing that another person wants to see us, talk to us, and spend time with us are the best gifts that we could ever get. Though sometimes they might seem insignificant or insufficient.
We have a bad habit of ignoring the little things people do for us. Sometimes we see these loving acts as obligatory.
If someone is affectionate with us and we feel the same way towards them, the worst thing we can do is overlook it. Maybe it didn’t meet our expectations or it wasn’t what we wanted, but that doesn’t take value away from what they’re offering us.
In love, we have to learn to read people. That means learning how they communicate their affection. Knowing that we’re on someone else’s mind is comforting, but it’s not enough to build a good relationship. We can’t be receivers of love only.
When people show love, it doesn’t just involve an intention on their part, but also a gift of time, a piece of their life. That’s why we need to appreciate them, thank them, and somehow let them know that we value them.
18 Loving Gestures
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
People show love to us every day. These little things don’t have monetary value, but they make all the difference. They are capable of turning a situation completely around, making people smile, and flooding one’s soul with positive energy.
They are happening everywhere, every minute. We just have to pay attention. Some of them are:
- A big, meaningful hug, with the power to mend any wound.
- An understanding look.
- A smile that tells you “I’m here with you, and I love your company.”
- A gift just because. No holiday, just an ordinary day.
- A fun message written on a post-it stuck where you will see it.
- Playing your favorite song because it will make your morning better.
- A sweet, soft touch.
- Hearing an excited “I’m so happy for you“.
- Looking at you with admiration.
- A “good morning”, “good night”, or “have a great day”.
- Being there for you in important times of life.
- Taking your hand so you don’t feel alone.
- Showing interest in what you do, in what makes your life go round.
- Listening to your laughter, drying your tears, and warning you when you might be in danger.
- Giving you a few minutes of their time, even if they’re in a rush.
- Going with you without asking, because you need company.
- Being by you on sunny days, rainy days, and even stormy days.
- Talking to you when you’ve made a mistake. Not to talk about what you did wrong, but to remind you that you can learn from the experience.
We could make a much longer list, there’s really no end. When love moves a person to action, the possibilities are endless.
Knowing how to show love is an art. It’s a kind of magic that we must learn how to appreciate. Show love and you’re in the business of respect, understanding, transformation. It is the most beautiful tool we have and we must learn to value it.