Boundless Love: Seeing Beyond the Distance
Boundless love is all about freedom, understanding, and respect so that love can thrive despite the adversities.
Love is a feeling we experience towards another person, someone to whom we wish all the best in life and we’re deeply connected t0. However, there’s a harsh truth to this: loving someone doesn’t mean you’ll get the same in return. This love may or may not be reciprocated. And even when it is, there are many obstacles that can influence the relationship and deteriorate it, especially if its foundations aren’t solid enough. If the bond isn’t based on security, it’ll most likely break. That being said, one of the toughest and most complex challenges in love is distance.
Distance always seems difficult. Drifting apart from someone you love is a challenge that we all face at some point. Now, something we’re sure of is that boundless love actually exists. However, it requires effort. It’s not by any means easy to achieve. It requires awareness, hard work, and emotional management. Below, we explain what boundless love consists of, how to maintain it, and all about its benefits.
What’s boundless love?
Boundless love is that kind of love where breaking down walls, overcoming difficulties, and moving forward as a team becomes possible. It’s a healthy and intelligent love; one that allows all parties involved to grow individually and see beyond the distance.
We can understand this type of love in two different ways. As something literal, which refers to a love that remains despite the fact that the person you love is in another place or as a mature love that’s able to face the difficulties that arise.
Thus, boundless love consists in learning to cope with what we can’t control. In addition, it implies doing all we can so that the obstacles along the way don’t keep us from loving the other person. For example, although we want to be close to someone, sometimes it just isn’t possible. But that doesn’t mean the love can’t grow stronger.
How to maintain it
While it’s true that boundless love isn’t easy, there are some strategies that can make this situation more bearable. Let’s see what they are.
- Self-knowledge. Knowing yourself is important in order to have an idea of how you’ll act in difficult situations. That way, being aware of where you are and how you behave is essential to maintaining boundless love.
- Patience. It refers to tolerating adversities with strength, without getting carried away by impulses, and understanding that there are moments when time heals everything.
- Learn to be independent. The kind of love that leads to dependence is utterly toxic. In order not to need the other person, it’s important for you to have time for yourself. Independence is vital regardless of whether your partner lives in the same city as you or thousands of kilometers away.
- Assume your decisions. This is about being responsible for what you think, feel, and do. Don’t be afraid to accept your decisions and their possible consequences.
- Creativity. If distance gets in the way, why not think about something that can help you be closer to each other? The options are endless, you just have to find one that makes you comfortable.
- Express your feelings and thoughts. Sometimes we lock ourselves in and don’t show what we feel or think. However, boundless love implies the opposite. However, you don’t need to express yourself verbally 24/7, as there are other options. For example, dancing, exercising, and painting are activities that are closely associated with the world of emotions.
Now, there’s something important to keep in mind. Boundless love has limits as well. Distance may keep you away, but that doesn’t mean you can harm one another. Respect is everything. That being said, always be careful about not hurting the other person or yourself.
In addition, in order to love someone this way, you have to love yourself first. Only by accepting yourself will you be able to establish healthy relationships with other people. To do this, learn to be in tune with the other person through assertive communication.
The benefits of boundless love
Let’s see the great benefits of this kind of love:
- You learn to better manage your thoughts and feelings.
- Controlling your actions becomes easier.
- Taking better care of yourself.
- Taking responsibility for your decisions.
- Improves self-knowledge.
- Acquiring greater harmony.
- Increases tolerance.
- Increases respect.
- Improves self-esteem.
As psychologist Walter Riso says: “Love is for the brave”. It’s a flower that we shall catch on the edge of a cliff. Therefore, don’t let it become toxic. Let boundless love allow you to discover another way of loving; one where you become closer to yourself as well as to others. Of course, you have to have the courage to get it and perseverance to keep it since it must be taken care of.
Boundless love is all about seeing beyond the distance and being selfless. Therefore, we must be in tune with ourselves and the people we love. This kind of love is greatly connected to responsibility, affection, harmony, and understanding. Let’s appreciate it the right way.
“If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”