An Alkaline Body Is a Healthy Body
An alkaline body is a healthy body. That’s what several studies have shown, including one recently conducted by the Bioenergy Human Institute (BHU) in Barcelona.
It is very common to hear expressions like “having an alkaline body prevents any kind of disease, including cancer.” But we must be prudent and objective. To this day, we don’t have any miraculous remedy that allows us to be immune to all diseases. However, simple aspects such as having a healthy diet, keeping a healthy lifestyle and having a pH within optimum levels are fundamental to enjoying good overall health.
Why not put it into practice then? Would you like to know how to have a more alkaline body, with adequate pH levels? Then don’t miss out on the following information.
What does it mean to have a “more alkaline body”?
The expression “a more alkaline body” can be summarized into these simple aspects:
- Acidity and alkalinity is measured in our blood by means of a scale that ranges from 0 to 14. What is the most appropriate level? One in the middle, more or less 7.4.
- What happens when this level rises? Our body becomes more “acidic”and when faced with this imbalance, the body reacts by gathering nutrients from organs to compensate the difference. And that’s where problems arise.
- What makes our body become more acidic? Stress, contamination, an unhealthy diet, tobacco, a sedentary lifestyle, among others.
- Acidity is measured mainly in saliva and urine.
- An acidic body is an organism that is constantly losing nutrients, vitamins and minerals. And this fact can be seen immediately in the fragility of our nails, the loss of hair, in the inexplainable fatigue we feel and those troublesome headaches.
- Doctors give us the illustrative example of what an acidic body is by comparing it to a car: if it is rusty and there’s acid in the motor, it won’t run. But if the car is “alkaline” and well-lubricated, then it works perfectly. The same thing happens with our body.
Our goal is to try to always maintain a body that is more alkaline than acidic, with a pH level that doesn’t stray too far from 7.4. Do you want to know how to obtain it?
Tips to achieve a more alkaline body
The ideal would be to always maintain a balance between foods that are alkaline and acidic. It’s mainly about not suffering from deficiencies and benefiting from the properties that both food groups provide us. Nevertheless, nutritionists always recommend that we consume less acidifying foods than alkalizing foods.
Keep in mind these simple tips to take better care of your health and enjoy a more alkaline body.
1. Start fighting the acidity in your diet
This is going to be our first objective, balancing our pH and our alkalinity through a healthier diet. A diet with which we’ll avoid the elements that acidify our blood.
Keep in mind the foods that you should consume with moderation and balance:
- Dairy products
- Canned juices
- White flour
- Fried foods
- Chocolate milk
- Red meat
- Soft drinks
Now take a look at the foods you should consume more frequently in your diet:
- Lemon. It may seem odd for this fruit to show up on this list, since it has an acidic flavor. But you have to keep in mind that this medicinal fruit is ideal for alkalizing your body. Once it reaches the stomach, it sets into motion some very important processes that fight acidity. This is why it’s recommended to drink a glass of warm water with lemon on an empty stomach every morning. It’s more effective this way.
- Green tea
- Goji berries
- Raw almonds
- Brussel sprouts
- Sodium bicarbonate
2. Avoid a sedentary lifestyle
What better way to eliminate toxins and provide oxygen and nutrients for your blood stream than doing a bit of exercise every day? It’s hard at times to find some time off to go out for a walk or take a swim, but it’s worth it. You should see it as a priority in your life.
3. Emotional management and stress control
The acidity level in our body can increase dramatically if we experience long periods of stress or anxiety. We’re referring to those moments in your life in which, suddenly, you lose control of what’s most important. And our health not only fades into the background, it starts to suffer, and we don’t even notice it.
Work, family pressures, emotional problems and an existence marked by negative emotions and stress always translates into chemical imbalances and a higher level of acidity. What can we do about it?
Breathe, always remember that the most important thing in your life is you and your health. If you don’t prioritize yourself, you won’t be of any use to others or to yourself. And happiness without health doesn’t make for a high quality existence.
Learn to love yourself a little more and take care of yourself every day. It’s worth it!