35 Questions That Will Make You Fall In Love
According to a study, two people can fall in love simply by responding to 35 questions honestly and genuinely.
The encounter should be intimate and calm, with only one condition: look into each other’s eyes after answering the questions. And then, love will blossom.
Want to know more?
“Never forget that the first kiss is not given with the mouth, but with the eyes.”
-O. K. Bernhardt-
An experiment about falling in love
Twenty years ago, Arthur Aron, a psychologist and professor from New York University performed an experiment that involved asking a man and a woman who didn’t know each other to respond to 35 questions. After giving their answers, they had to look into each other’s eyes for four minutes in complete silence.
Surprisingly, six months later, the participants of the study said “I do,” having fallen in love.
New York Times columnist Mandy Len Catron wanted to test out Dr. Aron’s experiment herself. And in fact, her participants also immediately fell in love.
The secret to these questions is that to answer them, you have to open up about yourself and expose your vulnerabilities, letting the two people get closer to each other.
What are the 35 questions that will make you fall in love?
- If you had to pick one person in the world, who would you invite to dinner?
- Would you like to be recognized by others? In what field?
- Before you call someone, do you plan what you’re going to say? Why?
- What would your perfect day be like?
- When was the last time you sang to yourself? When was the last time you sang to someone else?
- If you could live until you were 90 years old and you could keep either the mind or the body you had when you were 30 for the last 60 years of your life, which would you pick?
- Do you think you know how you will die?
- Name three things that you and your partner might have in common.
- What are you most thankful for in life?
- If you could change something about how you were raised, what would you change?
- In only for minutes, tell your partner the story of your life, with all the details you can fit in.
- If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent or ability, what would you want it to be?
- If you had a crystal ball that could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, or your future, what would you want to know?
- Is there something that you’ve wanted to do for a long time? What has prevented you from doing it?
- What has been your greatest achievement in life?
- What do you value the most in your friends and the people you love?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What is your most painful memory?
- If you knew that you would die at any moment, would you change something about your life? Why?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What role does love and affection play in your life?
- List, in order, the five most important attributes of your partner.
- How close is your relationship with your family? Do you think you had a happy childhood?
- What do you think about your relationship with your mother?
- Say three true statements that begin with “we.”
- Complete the following sentence: “I’d like to share ……. with someone.”
- If you wanted to be close friends with your partner, what should they know about you?
- Tell your partner what you like about them. Be very honest and say what you wouldn’t normally say to a stranger.
- Tell your partner about an unpleasant time in your life.
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- Tell your partner what you already like about them.
- What would you never joke about?
- If you had to die tonight without being able to talk to anyone, what would you regret not having said to someone? Why have you still not said it to them?
- Whose death has affected you the most? Why?
- Share a personal problem with your partner and ask them for advice on how to resolve it. Then ask them what they think about how honest and sincere you were about telling them.
Maybe it’ll happen and maybe it won’t, but what’s certain is that you’ll have become closer with the other person, since through these questions you’ve unveiled a part of your soul.
Do you dare try it?
“And to be totally, completely, absolutely in love, one must be fully aware that one is also wanted, that one also inspires love.”